Detroit River Front's Virtual Makeover
Detroit Riverfront Conservancy
With its 10-year Anniversary celebration in the works, the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy (DRC) needed an updated website that would not only showcase the $200 million worth of completed projects, but also reflect the passion and vision of its staff and stakeholders as they looked to begin a second decade of improvements and transformation.
We built a completely new and fully customized Drupal-based CMS (Content Management System) website for the DRC with several key features:
• A custom back end to keep content management as simple as possible for the admin
• A responsive layout that changes based on the screen size on which it is being viewed
• Brilliant, high-resolution images that are featured prominently throughout
• A homepage with multiple paths of engagement for each user group.
• A visually unique, fully interactive map of the entire riverfront that features key landmarks, destinations, and services making it easy to find what you need at a glance
The website had rave reviews and was featured as one of the 15 best websites in Detroit in 2015. It is user friendly and has had increased traffic and end user engagement.